Part time – 1 years fixed term contract
Based at Crawley Hospital – 30 hrs Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs
Special Care Dental Services is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, adaptable and self-motivated Dental Nurse who has excellent personal, communication and clinical skills, and works well within a team environment to support 1 years fixed term contract. We provide special care dentistry across six sites within West Sussex and East Sussex for adults and children in a variety of settings including: Hospitals, community dental clinics, domiciliary care. Continued professional development will be provided to support you in this role and to meet your GDC/CPD requirements.
At Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust we believe in excellent care at the heart of the community. We encourage and expect all staff to actively promote and adhere to the Trust’s values in every aspect of their work.
- Preparation of the clinical environment for patient care following all Special Care Dentistry and Trust policies & procedures, including Infection control.
- Responsible for patient care before, during and after their treatment, monitoring the patient throughout, offering guidance and support in a way in which complement theactions of other team members.
- Assist during treatment using appropriate techniques to ensure procedures are carried out efficiently and effectively
- To provide empathy & reassurance to patients and respond to the patients’ needs for care, irrespective of the nature of their health problems
- Complete Quality assurance processes / checks to include dental radiography, de- contamination, emergency drugs
- Provide Oral Hygiene advice, instruction and post-operative care in a way in which compliments the actions of other members of the team
- Provide assistance during domiciliary visits, preparing domiciliary kit, emergency drug kit and oxygen. Ensure efficient Infection Control throughout visit following internal policy
- Responsible in ensuring all dental laboratory work is collected and delivered accordingly to ensure efficient patient care.
- Competency in using IT Dental Software including all aspects of patient charting.
- General reception duties to ensure smooth running of clinic i.e. emailing, copying, opening post, answer telephone calls and callers in person.
As the largest provider of community healthcare services in Sussex, our teams help people to plan for and manage changes to their health, supporting patients and their families to live more independently. We employ over 5,000 full and part time staff, and provide community services to a population of 1.3 million people.
Each year our dedicated clinicians see adult or child patients more than 2.6 million times, caring for people from their earliest moments right up to the final stages of their life.
SCFT teams deliver a range of health and care services to more than 9,000 people every day, working in care homes, clinics, intermediate care units, people’s own homes, GP surgeries, schools and other community venues across the region.
Our vision is to provideexcellent care at the heart of the communityand achieving the highest level of service is our top priority.