The role of the Registered Dental Nurse in providing high standards of clinical care and support to clinical staff as well as various staff grades; under the guidance of the Senior Dental Nurse. The role involves the preparation and maintenance of the clinical areas including stocks of materials and equipment and collecting and inputting data into the patient administration system. Job Purpose:
- Provide close support for the care of patients in a clinical environment
- The preparation and maintenance of clinical areas ensuring that high standards of cross infection and cleanliness are maintained
- To ensure department stock levels and equipment are maintained
- To ensure patient confidentiality is upheld
- To escort patients to and from waiting areas
- Post training may be an advantage or may be required in specialist areas ie Sedation.