An exciting opportunity has arisen for fixed term contract for DENTAL NURSES for a 6-month period to join our busy team as part of the Oral Maxillofacial, Orthodontics and Restorative Dentistry Outpatient Department.
We treat adults and children with a wide range of oral and maxillofacial conditions. The post holder is required to hold a recognised Dental Nursing qualification, be GDC registered. You must be able to prepare, organise and maintain highest standards of care in the clinical environment for Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics and Restorative dentistry You should be flexible with a professional manner and possess excellent communication skills. You will work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team ensuring that the needs of the patients are placed at the centre of care delivery. In return we will encourage your professional development by ensuring you gain experience in all aspects of our service, whilst enhancing your skills and knowledge through a personal development plan with access to educational resources both locally and beyond. You will be required to work at both Royal Stoke and County Hospitals, some evening and weekend work may be required.
Please see attached job description and personal specifications that will outline the main responsibilities of this role.
- To Support the clinic managers with the management of the department, reporting any departmental issues to them
- To participate in the development and maintenance of high standards of pre and post-operative care
- To be responsible for the assessment of patient needs, delivering approved programmes of care across the multidisciplinary clinics. supporting education across the patient care pathway
- Keep adequate records of patient care including observation charts, care plans, accident report forms and render statistical information as required.
- To ensure clinics are prepared and organised for future patient care throughput
- To promote an environment that welcomes a professional approach for the improvement to the patients experience
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. We serve around three million people and we’re highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. The Trust has around 1,450 inpatient beds across two sites in Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford. Our 11,000 strong workforce provide emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care from Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford.
We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales. We have put together a wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. Our goal is to be a world-class centre of achievement, where patients receive the highest standards of care and the best people come to learn, work and research.