Full Time 40 hours per week
Here at Bupa Dental Care our people are at the heart of everything we do, because we care. We have created environments where people can look forward to coming to work, feel empowered and benefit from working collaboratively with industry experts to achieve our aim – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
We’re proud to have been named in the LinkedIn Top Companies Where the UK Wants to Work,the Forbes World’s best employers, and in the Inclusive Top 10 UK Employers list for 2021.
What is the role of Apprentice Dental Nurse at Bupa?
Our Dental Nurse Apprenticeship will help you with the skills and knowledge to become a qualified dental nurse.
- This includes providing chair-side support to dental professionals, delivering a high level of patient care.
- You can work as an apprentice dental nurse without academic qualifications – meaning you can “earn whilst you learn”.
- The Dental Nurse Apprenticeship reflects all aspects of clinical responsibilities and duties of a dental nurse’s role and will provide you with the relevant qualification to apply to the General Dental Council (GDC) for professional registration as a dental nurse.
What qualifications you will achieve as an Apprentice Dental Nurse?
You will achieve a Level 3 qualification following a 24 months training (minimum 18 months) that has been approved by the General Dental Council (GDC). Before taking your end-point assessment, you must achieve level 2 English and Maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
What will you learn as an Apprentice Dental Nurse?
- Oral anatomy and physiology, respiratory and circulatory systems
- How infectious diseases are transmitted and prevented
- Dental materials, equipment and resources
- How to deal with medical emergencies
- Legislative compliance and regulatory requirements
- Clinical skills
- Health promotion
- Patient care and management
Your rewards and benefits:
We make life better for millions. That includes yours. Our apprentice dental nurse benefits packages are one of the best in the industry because you make a difference to our patients – so we want to make sure you’re well rewarded for it.
As well as the amazing training you’ll receive with industry experts, you can expect market-leading personal benefits too – including early access to your earned wages, free access to a virtual GP 24/7, discounted gym membership and discounts in over 7000 retailers. From fuel to fashion, or food to fantastic days out – you can check out the amount of money you could be saving each month by using the MyBupaPerks savings calculator.
So why wait? If you would like to work with a unique healthcare business, where 100% of our profits go back into patient care, simply click apply today.
Bupa Dental Care is an equal opportunities employer.